Shiloh Baptist Church

The Trinity School House aka Shiloh Baptist Church was built with funds provided by Nathanial Kay in 1799 as a school for poor Caucasian boys. Formerly enslaved Reverend Edmund Kelly from Tennessee established the Shiloh Baptist Church in 1864. The congregation purchased the building from the Trinity corporation in 1868. Emancipated slave Reverend Henry Jeter, served as pastor here for 42 years.

Medallions
Resources
About

Search the RISHM Site